Wednesday 23 November 2011

Afsara's Evaluation

In the practical's I have carried out I have learnt many skills which are media related. For example one of the many areas I have gained confidence in is The basic editing on Final cut pro. At first I found it very difficult to edit a basic video, when it came to using 3D boris or even adding the music whilst the video was playing. Another skill I have learnt is the effects of lighting and how it can portray the actor in certain ways.
Areas I feel I need to improve on is the camera work and how to use the effects in particular shots, for e.g. I could use the auto focus on the background of a person or an object to show the importance of it. I will practise this further by experimenting with all the camera functions and getting used to the effects so I can take advantage of them whilst filming with my coursework group.
In my recent practical I've worked with Chloe, Yasir and Brian. In this preliminary task we had to come up with a storyboard relating to our genre which is horror and also film it too. Each member of my group had a role they had to maintain and my role was to produce. Overall I helped my other group members come up with a good narrative for our storyboard and I also played a part in the acting too.
3 Targets I'd like to meet by the end of my coursework practical is to:

  • Know how to create a detail storyboard with colour and being able to apply it on the practical.
  • Being able to edit and add effects of a variety choice to my coursework
  • To take part in using the camera to film various shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment