Wednesday 23 November 2011

Chloe's Evaluation

During my practical task I worked with Brian, Yasir and Afsara. I chose to work with them due to the fact that Brian is good at editing and has knowledge of the computer software. Yasir, however, is very good at using the camera and finding the right positions in which they should go. Afsara is great when it comes to acting and helping out with the storyboards as she is very creative. I, on the other hand, direct and plan the scenes when filming. When we were filming my role was to direct where the main actors should go. I chose this role because I feel my most confident in this area. Our group chose to do the genre of horror, as we all feel most comfortable in this genre and it is the genre in which we are going to do our main film opening to, so we wanted to have the experience of filming certain shots. The characters during the filming were chosen to be the typical stereotypes of what horror films normally include, the vulnerable girl and the mysterious male. Our video represents the stereotype of classic horrors with the characters both being either frightened or eerie. I have learnt how to direct in more of an appropriate manner and I have also learnt how to plan my ideas into a more effective way. The planning technologies have become more familiar with me in the process of making and editing the film also. In the future we all plan to make good use of our practical time and make sure that the scene that we are using has the appropriate features of a typical horror film opening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment